Friday 4 July 2008

day two.three

they left germany at 8am yesterday, stopped off in france for a rehearsal, missed their ferry from calais to dover, and arrived in lichfield several hours later than expected, but the Russian Chamber Philharmonic St Petersburg is finally here and rehearsing in readiness for their performance tonight. The Puppini Sisters (who stopped off in Birmingham on their way to chat to Radio WM) are also here and sound checking. Very much looking forward to hearing Mahler's arrangement of Schubert's Death and the Maiden live as I've only ever heard it off cd before. Once again, two very exciting events for night two, and the Puppini's sold out several weeks ago - its been returns only for ages... I was too tied up to make it to the culmination of our Choices Project, as I've been trying to sort out a few scheduling clashes that have risen upexpectedly, but by all accounts it was brilliant. I managed to clock some of the rehearsal this morning, and the brief bit I saw blew me away...

No comments: