Tuesday 8 July 2008

day six.four

finished the choir rehearsal but have remembered that I'm yet to have lunch so I'm about to go off in search of some food before my 6.15 talk with Vikram Seth and Alec Roth (and whoever else turns up). It is a very different experience singing finally in the performance venue with the fab Britten Sinfonia. Alec has been changing things a littl here and there - some of which the chorus found out about on Sunday, and some of which I'm only really hearing because I saw the first performance. There is huge additional solo added for Philippe Honore just before the Milonga at the end. I plan to ask Alec about this at the talk, because I have a sneaking suspicion that he's responded to The Times crit from Salisbury. I guess we'll find out.
The rehearsal was spent surreptitiously fielding interview requests for the Shiraz screening on Thursday, and hearing about the end of the Badke performance which was 'stonking' according to the report I heard...
food now...

No comments: