Thursday 16 July 2009

day eight.one

a beautiful morning here in Lichfield, and as I write Michael Symmons Roberts is giving a wonderfully intimate poetry reading (the first festival poetry reading since 2004), I can hear Robert Quinney practicing for this lunchtime's organ recital, the CBSO are rehearsing Debussy and Ravel in Birmingham in readiness for Saturday night's sold out concert, and a car has just left to meet up with Jon Lord and co for their rehearsal, also happening in Birmingham. And I've just bumped into half the Badke Quartet arriving for what will be a long and busy day, with a rehearsal then performance at St Chad's, and then a late rehearsal joining Jon Lord in readiness for tomorrow night.
For those that are after up to the minute updates as Jon Lord gets tomorrow night ready, you can sign up to his twitter feed here.

3 comments:

Janet Jenkins said...

This may be the first time a professional poet has read in the Lichfield Festival since 2004 Richard, which is a pleasing development. I just wanted to remind everyone, however, that The Lichfield Poets along with pupils from the Friary school did Stone City Voices in the Garrick Studio last year and it was very well received. Thanks. Janet Jenkins.

Richard Hawley said...

golly Janet, you are so right. and that's not even mentioning the Stone Voices from 2007. Both Stone Voices and Stone City Voices were a wonderful project, and you are absolutely right to correct me. I was thinking of professional poets, but even last year we had Polarbear performing his poetry. It seems my 'not since 2004' was completely wrong.

Janet Jenkins said...

Thank you Richard.

I should have mentioned Polarbear myself; I went to see him and he was excellent.