Wednesday 29 October 2008

where rivers meet

listening to Zoe Rahman and her brother Idris on Front Row last night reminded me that I had neglected to post anything about her imminent Abbotsholme Arts Society gig on Friday 31 October - a perfect antidote to Halloween madness. I first heard her latest cd Where Rivers Meet in a rough edit she sent me earlier this year, but had already heard of her wonderful jazz-inspired Bangali tunes from people who were at a particular Birmingham Jazz performance last December. Even though the disc was not in the final form, I could not help but listen to it repeatedly, and booked her for Abbotsholme immmediately. This is beautiful music that refuses to be categorised, and I cannot wait for Friday evening.
Where Rivers Meet is launched in London on 4 November, and a whole lot of unanimously positive reviews can be found here.

No comments: