Thursday 23 October 2008

two interviews

Last week I did two interviews, neither of which had anything directly to do with the Lichfield Festival.
The first was part of the international ACRE project looking at the rise of the creative industries across the EU. This research focuses on why people in the creative industries choose to live and work in various cities. I was asked because I'm a foreigner involved in the creative industries who has chosen to live in Birmingham, one of the 13 cities selected.
The second was with The Independent, who was seeking my views on new degree courses in Festival Management. It felt slightly odd being approached for an opinion when there are other larger festivals all around the UK, but my 2p worth does seem to have made the paper.
Off early tomorrow morning for the the annual BAFA conference in Liverpool (which starts tonight) - a welcome opportunity to see colleagues and peers that I only rarely bump into.

No comments: