Friday 19 June 2009

mantra article

talking to Angus Smith from the Orlando Consort yesterday in advance of his article appearing in today's Guardian, and we were both lamenting the fact that despite his best efforts to have the Lichfield Mantra performance mentioned at the article's conclusion, it was likely to be only Cheltenham Festival's event detailed due to some arcane policy about only mentioning the most imminent linked performance. For me it was another opportunity to vent my ongoing frustrations at getting Lichfield events listed in any national press, and, on a more regional level, to reiterate my concerns that events in the West Midlands repeatedly get overlooked.
Seems I must eat my words, for at the end of Angus' really nice article is a mention of both Cheltenham and Lichfield.

No comments: